Grab your family and a few items! We’re making a bug blob!
- Newspaper to put under the craft area
- A piece of paper (Scrap paper works great, such as the back of a school worksheet or printer paper)
- Some scrap construction paper, or any other paper for legs, wings, antennae
- Non-toxic paint or food coloring (3 colors) for the three parts of a bug’s body
- Tape or non-toxic glue stick
- Googly eyes or non-toxic marker for eyes
Instructions (Grab an adult to supervise and help! )
- Take your main piece of paper and crease it down the middle
- Put three small blotches of different colored paint down the center line with a little space in between each blotch
- Fold the paper along the crease and press around until the paint colors spread out and touch/overlap for the 3 body parts (head, thorax, abdomen)
- Allow the paint to dry and cut the “body” out.
- Cut out and add 6 legs, antennae and wings, all made with some scrap paper.
- Add eyes.
- Your bug is complete, and every bug will be unique! Name your bug if you wish!