Welcome to the Louisville Zoo Human Resource Page. If you are interested in volunteering at the Zoo, please visit Volunteer Opportunities.
Membership, Front Desk & Admissions
Zoo Service Clerk — All areas include basic computer operating skills and guest interaction. Some areas will require experience working w/money, balancing a cash drawer, operating a multi-line switchboard and making PA announcements and radio announcements. Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
Zoo Service Worker — Set-up, take-down for events, safety & security, janitorial, crowd control, park cleaning, access control, basic computer skills for operating Point of Sale system and general labor. Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
Zoo Aide — grass cutting, mulching, trimming, grounds maintenance. Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Minimum wage for 2020 is $10.10 hourly (Unless specified)
The Louisville Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rules, Requirements & Benefit
- Customer service must be a priority to applicant applying
- A minimum of 16 years of age (Some jobs may require 18 years of age)
- Seeking candidates with primarily daytime availability
- Must be flexible to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Some jobs require a valid driver’s license
- Some Positions require CPR/ 1st Aide Certification, which is provided by the ZOO.
Uniform Shirts are provided by the Zoo; however uniform pants and or shorts must be purchased at your expense before date of employment.
- The Louisville Zoo is a unique environment
- Discount in Gift Shop and Food areas with Zoo ID
- Free Admittance to Zoo while employed
- Free parking
Full-Time & Part Time Positions
All full-time and part-time positions will be posted on the Louisville Government webpage at louisvilleky.gov/HumanResources