Closed for the Season
Take a sail on the “ship of the desert.” Ramp up your Zoo adventure with a camel ride – a ride of a lifetime. The Zoo’s dromedary camels will offer you a memorable ride and photo opportunity. Did you know that like horses, camels are domesticated animals.
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily, weather permitting.
Guests can purchase a camel ride ticket at the camel area.
Camel Ride Ticket Prices
Camel Ride Guidelines:
For specific ride questions, please check with the camel ride operators before purchasing tickets.
We will do all we can to accommodate riders, however, safety is our first priority. Below are general restrictions for safety and compliance with USDA regulations:
- A single rider may be paired with another single rider in line at the operators discretion.
- Pregnant woman are not permitted to ride the camels.
- People with back or hip injuries should not ride the camels.
- Riders may not choose which camel they ride.
- Two adults are not permitted to ride together on any of the camels.
Due to safety standards and USDA regulations, some guests may not be able to ride the camels. Ride operators will be responsible for making the final decision. We appreciate your understanding.
Must be able to exit wheelchair, and maintain an upright, seated position while riding.