September 30 – October 29, 2023 (Thursdays – Sundays)
Party starts at 5 p.m. Guests must exit by 10 p.m.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Ticket Purchasing Tips. Learn more…
Your party ticket includes ALL RIDES, ATTRACTIONS and PARKING.
Tickets are valid only for the date and time listed.
- Boo at the Zoo is rain or shine, no refunds or exchanges. To help manage attendance, all tickets must be purchased in advance on our website. Use Microsoft Edge browser to avoid errors when completing your purchase.
- While you may catch a glimpse of some of our animals, most of the Zoo’s animal ambassadors will not be viewable in the evenings so they can rest and maintain their regular schedules.
DELIGHTFUL, NOT FRIGHTFUL FUN!
Special Ticket Required for guests ages 3+. A Louisville tradition for over 40 years, Halloween-time transforms your Zoo into a living storybook, complete with some of your favorite characters brought to life, fun music and a safe place for trick-or-treating for kids 11 and under. This party experience is designed to give you all the merry you love with none of the scary.
Your party price includes ALL Boo at the Zoo rides, attractions and parking! Enjoy a spin on the Spooktacular Carousel. Get up close to REAL creepy crawlies at the walk-through, free-crawling “not-so-itsy-bitsy” Spider House. Hear the tale of the legendary Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow — all FREE with your party admission. Parking is easy and convenient in the Zoo’s lot and included for party guests!
TICKET PURCHASING TIPS
|More information for members and non-members on how to purchase tickets in our webstore.|
THINGS TO DO
|This party gets bigger and better around every turn! Take a photo with your favorite princess or superhero. Encounter the Headless Horseman. Take a spin on the Spooktacular Carousel. Hang out with ACTUAL spiders!|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- You must purchase your tickets online in advance. Have your email or a screenshot of the tickets ready on your phone to show as you enter the gate. Or, if you prefer, print your tickets before you head to the Zoo to be scanned as you enter the gate.
- If you did not receive your tickets or have lost them please email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time or stop by the ticketing windows before entry to get them reprinted the night of our visit.
- Don’t forget to bring a treat bag or purchase a reusable bag at the Gift Shop for $2.
- 5 – 6:30 p.m. is our most popular party time. You may want to consider attending later in the evening to enjoy the twinkle lights, lanterns, carved lit pumpkins and the glowing atmosphere of the Zoo at dusk!
- If you’re looking for a safe place to trick-or-treat with little ones with allergies, join us on our special Allergy-Friendly Night on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023.
- Wear comfy shoes. The trick-or-treat trail features 20 treat booths along a route that is approximately 1.3 miles long or around 3,330 steps!
- While we encourage you to come in costume, remember we are a family-friendly party. Adults may NOT wear costume masks that cover the full face.
- The trick-or-treating route goes one way and guests are permitted to complete one loop only.
|Costumes are welcomed but not required. Adults may wear costumes, but we ask that they be family friendly (not scary please). Since this event caters to small children, adults may NOT wear costume masks that cover the ENTIRE face.|
VIRTUAL COSTUME CONTEST
|Join our Virtual Halloween Costume Contest!|
Show off your awesome Halloween costumes for 2023 in our Facebook comments. Extra points for animal costumes!
|Candy is a sweet treat but sometimes our treats can cause serious problems in animal habitats. Learn how to make your Halloween more wildlife-friendly with sustainable palm oil candy.|
Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023
This special night will feature peanut-free treat booths and added non-food treats like stickers, tattoos, pencils and more. Children with allergies can receive a teal token redeemable for an allergy-friendly option at our Switch Witch booth.
Meijer Anytime Tickets
|Get tickets that are valid for ANY Boo at the Zoo night at a discounted price from Meijer!|
This popular FUNdraiser provides critical support every year to the Zoo’s animal care programs, botanical gardens, visitor experiences and conservation education. Thank you — you help make it possible!