Welcome to the Louisville Zoo
Zoo Hours - Open Daily Year Round
September 29, 2014 - mid-March*:
The Zoo is open daily 10 a.m. ─ 4 p.m.
(stay until 5 p.m.)
*The Louisville Zoo closes early for daytime visitors on evenings when the Halloween Party occurs: October 24-26 & 30. Gates close at 3 p.m. (stay until 4 p.m.). Halloween party starts at 5 p.m.
Spring and Summer Hours
Mid-March 2015 ─ September, 2015
Open daily 10 a.m. ─ 5 p.m.
(stay until 6 p.m.)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Play on the Ropes Course, ride the train, get some yummy treats or fun gifts and visit your favorite animals, of course.
- Please check the following items for schedules: Rides and Attractions, Pricing, Dining, Shopping.
- The Louisville Zoo closes earlier at 3
(stay until 4 p.m.) to prepare for our annual
Halloween Party in the evening on
October 24-26 & 30.
- This is the last weekend (October 25 & 26) to enjoy the Ropes courses until they reopen in the spring of 2015
- The Louisville Zoo is hosting a costume contest for the final nights of the "World's Largest Halloween Party!" presented by Meijer. For more information click here.
- The Louisville Zoo’s 11 year-old reticulate python, “Thelma” has given birth to six offspring without the benefit of a male snake. Click here for more information and video.
- The Louisville Zoo is celebrating the birth of a male pygmy hippo born on August 28, 2014. Find out hot to vote for your favorite name for the baby by clicking here.
- Visit the three new gorillas and learn what's new at the Zoo!
- Zoo celebrates 1,000 Black-footed ferret kit born. Click here for more information.
Exhibits & Animals
Click here for a list of our exhibits and animals collection.
The Zoo recommends the following resource for online maps and driving directions: Yahoo! Maps.
Out of Towners
The Louisville Zoo is the state zoo of Kentucky and a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization. Our collections, which include
botanical gardens, are accredited by the
American Alliance of Museums
(AAM) and by the
Association of Zoos and Aquariums
(AZA), which is building North America’s largest wildlife
conservation movement by engaging and inspiring over 175 million
visitors and their communities to care about and take action to help
Pepsi is the official soft drink of the