To celebrate National Photo Month, the Louisville Zoo is inviting all photographers to share their best Wild Lights lantern pics!
To enter, simply post your best photo(s) each week in the comments of our Facebook posts calling for submissions. Links are below. We are looking for the best lantern photos from our 2023 event. You can submit photos with or without people included. Be creative!
Every week, we will select a winner along with two honorable mentions. Each weekly winner will receive four general admission tickets to see the Zoo during regular hours. In additon, winners will be featured on our website, social media channels and in a future issue of Trunkline. Don’t miss out on the chance to win and have your photo seen by thousands of people!
Week #1: May 10 – 16: CLOSED
Week #2: May 17 – 23: CLOSED
Week #3: May 24 – 30: click here!
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the Wild Lights 2023 photo contest.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that each individual may submit. However, each entry must be submitted separately on Facebook.
- Photos must include lanterns from our 2023 Wild Lights festival (with or without people)
- Photographs that feature individuals need to have the permission of those pictured in the photo before submitting.
- Photos may only be submitted May 9 – 30 on the Louisville Facebook Page in the weekly Photo Contest post. The links for each week’s post will be listed above. In additon, please tag all photos with #WildLightsLouisville
- Process: Louisville Zoo staff will choose their top favorite images. All entries will be judged on creativity, composition and photo technique. Winners will be notified along with the general public on the Zoo’s Facebook and other social media pages, where winners will be announced and photos displayed. Contest entrants will not be compensated or reimbursed for their photo submissions.
- Prize: each weekly winner will receive four tickets for general admission to the Louisville Zoo during regular hours, as well as have their photo displayed on our website, social media channels and in a 2023 issue of Trunkline Magazine.
- Contest entrants agree that, if their photo is selected as a winner, the Louisville Zoo may use the entrant’s name and photo for promotional purposes not limited to but including social media posts and an official announcement on the Louisville Zoo website.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply and all taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Those submitting photos into the contest must be over 18. The subjects of the photos may be of any age.
- All entrants agree to release the sponsors from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons and property, including any accident, loss, injury or death resulting from entry into the contest and/or occurring or in any way related to the prizes.