Closed for remainder of season.
FREE with Zoo Admission during regular hours. Our butterflies have flown and our flight house has gone through a “metamorphosis” transforming into a 1,000 sq ft. walk-through spiderhouse! Come view the intricate and beautiful webs these beneficial arachnids weave.
Want to upgrade your experience? Try our special guided spider tour during the “World’s Largest Halloween Party!” presented by Meijer — just $1 (cash only).
Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (closed early to prepare for “The World’s Largest Halloween Party!” presented by Meijer.)
List of Species
Golden Garden Spider
Banded garden spider
Golden Orb Weaver Spider
Fun Spider Facts:
- Spiders are arachnids, not insects.
- Spiders have 8 legs while insects have 6.
- Spiders are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica.
- There are around 40,000 different species of spider.
- Most spiders make silk which they use to create spider webs and capture prey.
- Abandoned spider webs are called cobwebs.