For updates on Infant Gorilla Kindi and to read her story, click here.
Now through Sept. 24, 2017 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Stay until 6 p.m.)
Sept. 25, 2017 to March 16, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Stay until 5 p.m.)
On Saturday, June 10, 2017, the Zoo will close at 2 p.m. (stay until 3 p.m.) for our annual Zoofari! fund raiser.
On Saturday, August 26, 2017 the Zoo will close at 2 p.m. (stay until 3 p.m.) for our annual Brew at the Zoo fund raiser.
Trevilian Parkway is currently closed at Poplar Level Road. Please use Illinois Ave.
Click for the most up-to-date construction map.
ATTRACTIONS (open weather permitting)
- Conservation Carousel
- Camel Rides
- Pony Rides (NEW!)
- ZooTram (Open starting, Saturday, March 25)
- Ropes Adventure Courses (limited to weekends only in March)
- Monkey Island closed. Exciting new African primate exhibit coming 2019.
- Butterfly Exhibit – opens May 20, 2017
- Wings of the World Bird Show — beginning May 20, 2017.
- Papa John’s Splash Park — reopens Memorial Day weekend
- Penguin Cliffs: Closed under further notice for maintenance.
- Penguin Cove: Penguin cove is currently exhibiting both rockhopper and little penguins. Little penguins may be off exhibit temporarily while rockhopper penguins are on display. Penguin Cove is open weather permitting, temperatures 45 degrees and above.
- Islands exhibits: Due to seasonal maintenance, some indoor and outdoor exhibits may be closed at certain times during the winter season.
SCHEDULE– Click for our daily Animal Presentations Schedule.*
*All times are subject to change without notice.