- Animal Presentation Schedule — all times are subject to change without notice.
- Kindi — See the latest on our one-year-old gorilla and read her story
- Penguin Cove — Little penguins are nesting and temporarily off exhibit.
- Islands: Due to seasonal maintenance, some indoor and outdoor exhibits may be closed periodically.
Now through Sept. 24, 2017 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Stay until 6 p.m.)
Sept. 25, 2017 to March 16, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Stay until 5 p.m.)
Members DAILY Early Entry: Weekdays in June & July: Enter at 9:30 a.m.
EARLY ZOO CLOSING
- On Saturday, June 10, 2017, the Zoo will close at 2 p.m. (stay until 3 p.m.) for our annual Zoofari! fund raiser.
- On Saturday, August 26, 2017 the Zoo will close at 2 p.m. (stay until 3 p.m.) for our annual Brew at the Zoo fund raiser.
Trevilian Parkway is currently closed at Poplar Level Road. Please use Taylor Ave. if traveling via Poplar Level Rd, or travel Newburg Rd. to Trevilian Way for easiest access to the Zoo. Click for the most up-to-date construction map.
All other attractions are open, weather-permitting, subject to change without notice.
- Monkey Island closed. Exciting new African primate exhibit coming 2019.
- Butterfly Exhibit — Opens May 20, 2017
- Wings of the World Bird Show — Opens May 20, 2017.
- Papa John’s Splash Park — reopens Memorial Day weekend