Trevilian Parkway is currently closed at Poplar Level Road due to construction. Please travel Newburg Rd. to Trevilian Way for easiest access to the Zoo. Click for the most up-to-date travel advisory map.
- Animal Presentation Schedule — all times are subject to change without notice.
- Kindi — See the latest on our one-year-old gorilla and read her story
- Penguin Cove — Little penguins are nesting and temporarily off exhibit.
- Islands: Due to seasonal maintenance, some indoor and outdoor exhibits may be closed periodically.
- Maned Wolf Pups – you are most likely to see them after 4:30 p.m.
Now through Sept. 24, 2017 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Stay until 6 p.m.)
Sept. 25, 2017 to March 16, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Stay until 5 p.m.)
Members Weekday Early Entry: Weekdays in June & July: Enter at 9:30 a.m.
Reminder: We will not have extended Summer Twilight Hours this summer due to low interest the last few years.
EARLY ZOO CLOSING
- On Saturday, August 26, 2017 the Zoo will close at 2 p.m. (stay until 3 p.m.) for our annual Brew at the Zoo fund raiser.
- Train: Open Daily
- Ropes Courses: Open Daily
- Tram: Closed for maintenance
- Papa John’s Splash Park: Open thru Labor Day
- Butterflies n’ Blooms Exhibit: Open thru Sept. 24
- Wings of the World Bird Show: Open thru Labor Day
- MetaZoo Discovery Center: Open Saturday and Sunday for public. Summer Camp attendees only Monday through Friday. On weekdays, please use the Lakeside Smokehouse bathrooms located next door.
All other attractions are open, weather-permitting, subject to change without notice.