Our behind-the-scenes program offers your small group exclusive access to exhibit areas rarely seen by the general public. All tours and experiences are led by passionate Zoo staffers and our stellar keepers. Create special memories while learning more about your Zoo, animal behavior, enrichment and conservation!
Packages include parking and Zoo admission for everyone in your group on the day of your tour or experience. Gift certificates are also available for holiday giving.
Behind-the-scenes tour of Glacier Run or Islands
- $500 for a group of up to 5 people (includes children)
- 10% of this fee goes directly towards conservation and animal enrichment
- Glacier Run Tours
- includes up-close viewing of polar and grizzly bears, sea lions, and harbor seal.
- Recommended for guests ages 5 and up
- Islands Tours
- includes up-close viewing of orangutans, siamangs, babarusa pigs, Malayan tapirs, and a Sumatran tiger. Please note, Little Penguins are not included on this tour.
- Guests on this tour must be age 7 and up
Behind-the-scenes experience with the giraffes, pygmy hippos, wallabies OR tortoises
- $250 for a group of up to 5 people (includes children)
- Feeding opportunity with giraffes, pygmy hippos, tortoises (subject to change)
- Giraffe, pygmy hippo and wallaby experiences are available year round
- Tortoise Experience is available from early May through early fall (based on weather/temperature)
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a peanut or tree nut allergy/sensitivity as some animal areas store and feed nuts
Behind-the-Scenes Tours and Experiences can be booked any day of the week year-round (subject to availability) except on major holidays, and are usually scheduled 3 – 4 weeks in advance. Please note, Tours and Experiences are rain or shine events. Contact Leslie Wilson at Leslie.Wilson@louisvilleky.gov for additional information or to book your experience today!
We are currently booking Behind-the-Scenes tours and experiences for dates through the end of April.