WELCOME LOUISVILLE ZOO NEIGHBORS
Through this dedicated webpage, we hope to provide you, our neighbors, with more updated information and special announcements year-round as well as provide you with an easy way to gather information and communicate with us.
Because the Zoo will only close roads during November’s early morning Throo the Zoo 5k Run/Walk in November, an access pass will not be provided for 2023.
Zoo Event Highlights
- March 10 – May 21 (Thursdays – Sunday evenings): Wild Lights: Around the World
- April 1 – 30: Party for the Planet: A Month-Long Celebration of the Earth powered by LG&E and KU Foundation
- Saturday, May 20: Storybook Character Day
- Saturday, June 10: Zoofari! fundraiser
- Saturday & Sunday, July 22 – 23: Santa’s Summer Safari
- Saturday, August 26: Brew at the Zoo and Wine Too!
- Sept. 30 – Oct 30 (Thurs. – Sun.): Boo at the Zoo presented by Meijer
- Saturday, November 11:Throo the Zoo presented by Norton Audubon Hospital
Click here for our full event calendar with full descriptions (updated frequently).
On Nov. 11 , the Louisville Zoo anticipates these temporary road closures:
The roads that will be impacted are:
- Illinois Avenue between Grenade Avenue and Trevilian Way will close beginning at 6:30 a.m. until approximately 9 a.m.
- Illinois Avenue from Taylor Avenue to Grenade Avenue (continuing onward to Trevilian Way) will be closed from approximately 7:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- We anticipate heavier traffic flow particularly from I-264 to the Zoo between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
We appreciate your understanding and support and will make every effort to open the roadways earlier as race participants safely complete that portion of the racecourse.
Neighbor Membership Discount
As our Zoo neighbors, we hope you take advantage of your special 10% discount off select Louisville Zoo memberships, which gives you free admission and parking during regular hours for 12 months plus tons of discounts in the park and to special partners including over 150 other zoos and aquariums nationwide. For more details, click here.
To purchase your discounted membership, please stop by our ticketing windows during regular Zoo hours. Simply present a photo ID and proof of your home address.
For Questions, Suggestions & Concerns:
E-mail Kyle.Shepherd@louisvilleky.gov. Some questions may require contacting other staff members or doing research, but we will strive to answer your questions promptly.
Neighbor Email List