October 3–6, 10–13, 17–20, & 24–27, 2019
Party starts at 5 p.m. Enter until 8:30 p.m.
(Route open until 10 p.m.)
Special Tickets Required for all Guests (age 3+)
Delightful. Not Frightful.
If scary is no fun for your little ones, then don’t miss the sweetest party in town. Enjoy your Zoo magically transformed into a living storybook with costumed characters and trick-or-treating for kids 11 and under.
We invite you to be our guest as you meet some of the most royal princesses in the land, journey back in time and marvel at prehistoric dinos, and dive into the fun as you explore under the sea. Visit with Mumpkin the talking pumpkin, wander up the yellow brick road to test your courage, brains and heart, and dance the night away in our out-of-this-world Astro Disco. Join us for a party that gets bigger and better around every turn!
Adult Costume Guidelines: Adults may wear costumes, but we ask that they be family friendly (not scary please). And since this event caters to small children, adults may NOT wear masks that cover the face. The Zoo reserves the right to ask adults to remove masks.
This popular FUNdraiser provides critical support every year to the Zoo’s animal care programs, botanical garden, visitor experiences and conservation education. Thank you — you help make it possible!
The Halloween Party is rain or shine. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
Cost is $5 per car (cash only). Although parking at the Zoo is free for Louisville Zoo members during regular hours, it is not included in memberships for special after-hours events such as the Halloween Party. Parking passes are not available online. Parking is first come, first served. Please remember to bring cash for parking.
There is NO off-site parking or Zoo shuttle this year. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please, do not to park at the old Kmart lot or you will be towed.
Directions to Zoo
The Louisville Zoo
1100 Trevilian Way
Louisville, KY 40213
The Zoo is easy to find and just 15 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY, easily accessible from I-64 and I-65.
1. Take I-264 (Watterson Expressway) to Newburg Rd exit #15 and travel north.
2. Turn left on Trevilian Way.
3. Follow the the Zoo signs to 1100 Trevilian Way. The Zoo will be on the left.
Road Closings / No Parking
The following road closings begin at 4 p.m. on event days: Illinois Ave. from Trevilian Way to Taylor Ave., Russell and Grenade. There will also be signs posted for no parking on Illinois Ave. from Trevilian Way to Taylor Ave., Russell, Grenade, Tycoon and Oak Hill.
THINGS TO DO
|This party gets bigger and better around every turn! Take a photo with your favorite princess or superhero. Encounter the Headless Horseman. Take a spin on the Spooktacular Carousel. Hang out with ACTUAL spiders!|
|There are several special nights during the Halloween party featuring a traveling exhibit and allergy-friendly options for trick-or-treaters. Take a look at some of the special Halloween night offerings.|
BE SOCIAL & WIN PRIZES
|Halloween Instagram Contest
Snap a Kooky, Not Spooky photo and post it on Instagram with tag #GreatZooParty and @LouisvilleZooOfficial for a chance to win cool Zoo swag.
- For quick entry and to avoid lines, purchase your tickets online. Don’t forget to print your tickets before you head to the Zoo. If you use mobile tickets, be sure to pull up the email before checking in. Do not copy/screenshot tickets. Each barcode is only redeemable for one admission.
- In general, because of $2 member tickets (online only), the first two Saturdays are typically the busiest nights, especially if the weather is nice. For a quieter experience, easier entry and parking, see our crowd calendar.
- Traffic can be scary for this fun party; avoid delays and arrive via Newburg Rd.
- There is No off-site parking or Zoo shuttle this year. Please bring $5 cash for parking.
- 5 – 6:30 p.m. is our busiest party time. You may want to consider attending later in the evening to enjoy the twinkle lights, lanterns, carved lit pumpkins and the glowing atmosphere of the Zoo at dusk! Not only is it festive, it’s also less crowded.
- If you’re looking for a safe place to trick-or-treat with little ones with allergies, join us on our special Allergy-Friendly Night on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Wear comfy shoes. The trick-or-treat trail features 20 treat booths along a route that is approximately 1.3 miles long or around 3,330 steps!
- While we encourage you to come in costume, remember we are a family-friendly party. Adults cannot wear masks.
Click for Frequently Asked Questions.
Help us be “green” and bring your own treat bag or purchase a reusable bag at the Gift Shop for $2.
Click here to learn how to make your own Halloween Party more wildlife-friendly though sustainable palm oil candy.
Become a Zoo Member!
Zoo members not only receive special pricing on Halloween Party tickets and the upcoming Santa’s Safari, they also get FREE admission and parking during regular Z00 hours for 12 months. Save Big. Save Wildlife. Join or renew now to enjoy this popular family tradition plus a full year of adventures and fantastic benefits.