October 4–7, 11–14, 18–21, & 25–28, 2018
Party starts at 5 p.m. Enter until 8:30 p.m.
(Stay until you finish your Party experience.)
Special Tickets Required for all Guests (age 3+)
Delightful. Not Frightful.
If scary is no fun for your little ones, then don’t miss the sweetest party in town. Experience your Zoo magically transformed into a living storybook with costumed characters and trick-or-treating for kids 11 and under.
This popular FUNdraiser provides critical support every year to the Zoo’s animal care programs, botanical garden, visitor experiences and conservation education. Thank you — you help make it possible!
Cost is $5 per car (cash only.) Although parking at the Zoo is free for Louisville Zoo members during regular hours, it is not included for special after-hours events such as the Halloween Party. Parking passes are not available online.
Limited free shuttle service nightly beginning at 5 p.m.
Location and additional parking options coming soon.
The Louisville Zoo
1100 Trevilian Way
Louisville, KY 40213
The Zoo is easy to find and just 15 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY, easily accessible from I-64 and I-65.
1. Take I-264 (Watterson Expressway) to Newburg Rd exit #15 and travel north.
2. Turn left on Trevilian Way.
3. Follow the the Zoo signs to 1100 Trevilian Way. The Zoo will be on the left.
The following road closings begin at 4 p.m. on event days: Illinois Ave. from Trevilian Way to Taylor Ave., Russell and Grenade. There will also be signs posted for no parking on Illinois Ave. from Trevilian Way to Taylor Ave., Russell, Grenade, Tycoon and Oak Hill.
THINGS TO DO
|This party gets bigger and better around every turn! Trick-or-treat in a storybook atmosphere. Take a photo with your favorite princess or superhero. Wander through the hay maze. Dance in the Astro Disco. Encounter the Headless Horseman. Take a spin on the Spooktacular Carousel or ride the Boo Choo-Choo Train!|
|Traveling exhibits, characters from a galaxy far away, and allergy-friendly options for trick-or-treaters: take a look at some of the special Halloween night offerings at your Louisville Zoo.|
BE SOCIAL & WIN PRIZES
|Halloween Instagram Contest
Snap a Kooky, Not Spooky photo and post it on Instagram with tag #GreatZooParty and @LouisvilleZooOfficial for a chance to win cool Zoo swag.
- For maximum convenience and to avoid lines, purchase your tickets online.
- The 5 – 6:30 p.m. timeframe is our busiest party time. You may want to consider attending later to enjoy the dramatic lighting and magical atmosphere.
- Traffic can be scary for this fun party; avoid delays and arrive via Newburg Rd.
- For a quieter experience, easier entry and parking, see our crowd calendar.
- Wear comfy shoes. The trick-or-treat trail features 20 treat booths along a route that is approximately 1.3 miles long.
- Complete your costume with a special face-painting session from the artists at Kaman’s Face Painting (additional charge).
- As always, don’t forget to print your tickets before you head to the Zoo; it will speed up your entry time. You can use your mobile device also, but be sure to pull up the email or stored document well before checking in.
- If you’re looking for a safe place to trick-or-treat with little ones with allergies, join us for our special Allergy-Friendly Night on Thursday, Oct. 18.
Click for Frequently Asked Questions.
Become a Zoo Member!
Zoo members not only receive special pricing on Halloween Party tickets and the upcoming Santa’s Safari, they also get FREE admission and parking during regular ZOO hours for 12 months. Save Big. Save Wildlife. Join or renew now to enjoy this popular family tradition plus a full year of adventures and fantastic benefits.