These benefits are only for members in our Family Plus Experience, Curator, Nature’s Guardian, Wildlife Champion and Sustainer Society Levels
We’ve been listening to what Zoo members value most and are excited to announce our new “Experience Benefits Package.” We are happy to offer you an opportunity to enjoy more animal experiences, bring more guests, meet more Zoo Keepers and learn more about how you are helping to save wildlife and wild places — PLUS enjoy some popular rides and attractions!
Included in the “Experience Benefits Package” are 6 guest passes, 2 Lorikeet feeds, 2 Giraffe feeds, 2 Adventure Ropes Course tickets and an invitation to 1 of our 3 Experience Benefits Package Events offered ins spring/summer. These after-hours events are sure to thrill family members of all ages while helping the Zoo to “better the bond between people and our planet” by offering you and your family Zoo experiences you won’t soon forget.
Through your support, we act to protect wildlife so that you, our valued Zoo members, and future generations, will get the opportunity to experience up close, special moments with wildlife.
Enjoy these Frequent Fun Pass benefits year-round
- FREE admission for 12 full months from purchase date every time you visit during regular hours.
- PARKING during regular Zoo hours is included in all membership levels (excludes select after-hours special events).
- 50% admission to 125 RECIPROCAL zoos & aquariums. Click here for current reciprocal list.
- DISCOUNTS on education classes and camps; and gift shop (10%) and concession purchases (10%).
- DISCOUNTS on select rides and attractions.
- SPECIAL PRICING to select special events including Boo at the Zoo and Wild Lights: Asian Lantern Festival (Limited tickets available per day.)
- HELPING TO SAVE SPECIES as $1 from every membership supports species survival activities through our wildlife conservation partners.
- SPECIAL OFFERS to Newport Aquarium and other partner attractions. Click here for current offers.
- New Fun Foto!+ Season Pass Photo Club option for Zoo members, providing access to your photos all season. Learn more.
- E-NEWSLETTERS with news and events plus SPECIAL OFFERS
- Free MEMBERSHIP APP — click here for details.
Member benefits are subject to change without notice. Some membership perks may be limited or suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Experience Package Benefits
Rides and attractions are seasonal and subject to the cooperation of weather, animals and maintenance.
UNLIMITED Conservation Carousel Rides
The Louisville Zoo Conservation Carousel was built in 1919 and has been a hallmark of the Louisville Zoo since 1998. Take as many spins as you would like on our beautifully restored antique carousel located near the main plaza. Enjoy one of our 44 unique mounts or take a seat in one of the 2 chariots as you spin around our huge 52-foot carousel while you’re surrounded by 630 colorful energy efficient lights.
Six (6) Guest Passes
Who doesn’t love to get up, get out and get to the Zoo? Help us spread the word about wildlife by inviting someone you love to take in the 134 acres and more than 1,200 animals at your Louisville Zoo. With these 4 guest passes you and your family can bring your extra friends or family along for FREE.
Two (2) Lorikeet Feedings
Amazement, wonder and delight are exactly what you’ll experience when you visit one of our most interactive and popular exhibits, Lorikeet Landing at Rainbow Springs. Enjoy a real nose-to-beak experience as you stroll through this sun-filled aviary surrounded by brilliantly colored, friendly birds that will eat nectar right out of your hand! Lorikeet Landing is located in the Australian Area (next to the Splash Park).
Two (2) Giraffe Feedings
Marvel at the majesty of the tallest mammals on earth as you experience one of our most engaging and popular attractions: Giraffe Feeding in Africa! Enjoy a true animal encounter as you feed the giraffes. Keepers will share information with you about our towering giraffes and answer any questions you may have — all while a giraffe uses its 18-inch prehensile tongue to eat right out of your hand!
Two Adventure Ropes Course Tickets
See the Zoo from a whole new perspective. The Sky Trail® is a high ropes, adventure course which consists of horizontally strung cables, ropes, boards and other materials secured between steel supports to create elements or activities. There’s even a special Sky Tykes™ course manufactured specifically for children ranging in age 2-7 years old (but can be used by anyone under 48″). Just like our larger Sky Trail® courses, harnessed participants will hook into the patented safety system and begin their adventure.
Package Member Event
The 2019 theme was EXPERIENCE AFRICA. The 2020 theme and dates will be posted at a later date. We will email invitations to RSVP for your preferred date starting in April and prior to each upcoming events. Reservations are required 48 hours in advance for us to prepare. This description will give you a taste of what 2020 events might include also.
2019 Experience Africa
Meet the keepers who care for the animals in our Africa Zone, plus hear what’s new at the Zoo – the inside scoop about the new Snow Leopard Pass and Colobus Crossing exhibits. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Africa with themed entertainment, including dancers and drummers, a fun scavenger hunt, photo opportunities with animal mascots as well as carousel rides and FREE face painting. Grab $1 hot dogs and soft drinks or cool down with $2 Dole Whip, ICEEs, self serve ice cream and Kona Ice. Munch on some FREE popcorn or enjoy one of our other discounted menu options at the African Outpost. Take advantage of a 20% gift shop discount to grab some fun items you’ve got your eyes on.
Additional Event Terms and Conditions
You are invited to attend one (1) Experience Benefits Package Event as a group during the period of your active membership (traditionally twelve months).
- Only those covered on your membership may attend.
- One-time-use passes are not redeemable for these events.
- Each year you may choose to attend one (1) event from at least 3 dates (May through July).
- Email address required for correspondence and RSVP.
- RSVPs are required. Email reminders will be sent.
- There are no rain dates for these events.
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers.