These benefits are only for our Family Experience and Family Experience Dual level members
We’ve been listening to what Zoo members value most, and we are happy to offer you an opportunity to enjoy more animal experiences, bring more guests, meet more Zoo Keepers and learn more about how you are helping to save wildlife and wild places — PLUS enjoy some of our most popular rides and attractions!
Included in our Experience level benefits are 6 guest passes, 2 Lorikeet feeds, 2 Giraffe feeds, plus an invitation to 1 of our 3 Exclusive Experience Events offered in the spring and summer. These after-hours events are sure to thrill family members of all ages while helping the Zoo to “better the bond between people and our planet” — offering you and your family special Zoo experiences that you won’t soon forget.
Through your support, we act to protect wildlife so that you, our valued Zoo members, and future generations will get the opportunity to experience up close, special moments with wildlife.
- FREE admission for 12 months from purchase date during regular hours.
- FREE PARKING during regular Zoo hours (excludes select after-hours special events).
- 50% admission at over 150 RECIPROCAL zoos & aquariums. Click here for current reciprocal list.
- DISCOUNTS on education classes and camps; and gift shop and concession purchases (10%).
- SUBSCRIPTION to our free quarterly Trunkline magazine
- DISCOUNTS on select rides and attractions.
- SPECIAL PRICING to select special events including Boo at the Zoo
- MEMBER MORNINGS (June, July and August)
- Zoo entry daily at 9:30 a.m. (regularly 10 a.m.)
- Glacier Run Splash Park access is available daily as part of Member Mornings until 10 a.m.
- Please be aware some Zoo exhibits, concessions and rentals are not available during Member Mornings. While you may catch a glimpse of a few animals, many will remain on their normal schedule for their well-being and may not be visible until 10 a.m.
- HELP SAVE SPECIES as $1 from every membership supports species survival activities through our wildlife conservation partners.
- SPECIAL OFFERS to other partner attractions. Click here for current offers.
- E-NEWSLETTERS with news and events plus SPECIAL OFFERS
Experience Level Benefits
All activities are seasonal and subject to regular Zoo maintenance and the cooperation of weather and animals.
UNLIMITED Conservation Carousel Rides
The Louisville Zoo Conservation Carousel was built in 1919 and has been a hallmark of the Louisville Zoo since 1998. Take as many spins as you would like on our beautifully restored antique carousel located near the main plaza. Enjoy one of our 44 unique mounts or take a seat in one of the 2 chariots as you spin around our huge 52-foot carousel while you’re surrounded by 630 colorful energy efficient lights.
Six (6) Guest Passes
Who doesn’t love to get up, get out and get to the Zoo? Help us spread the word about wildlife by inviting someone you love to take in the 134 acres and more than 1,200 animals at your Louisville Zoo. With these 6 guest passes you and your family can bring your extra friends or family along for FREE.
Two (2) Lorikeet Feedings
Amazement, wonder and delight are exactly what you’ll experience when you visit one of our most interactive and popular exhibits, Lorikeet Landing at Rainbow Springs. Enjoy a real nose-to-beak experience as you stroll through this sun-filled aviary surrounded by brilliantly colored, friendly birds that will eat nectar right out of your hand! Lorikeet Landing is located in the Australian Area (next to the Splash Park).
Two (2) Giraffe Feedings
Marvel at the majesty of the tallest mammals on earth as you experience one of our most engaging and popular attractions: Giraffe Feeding in Africa! Enjoy a true animal encounter as you feed the giraffes. Keepers will share information with you about our towering giraffes and answer any questions you may have — all while a giraffe uses its 18-inch prehensile tongue to eat right out of your hand!
Exclusive Experience Event
Enjoy an exclusive after-hours Experience Event from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., exit by 9 p.m. where you can meet Zoo keepers and animals, plus enjoy themed entertainment and special treats and offers – the ULTIMATE Zoo experience! You may choose from one (1) of several event dates held each spring and summer. This year, we are also pleased to offer our Experience members the ability to choose between two exciting themes.
Thank you to everyone who attended one of our exclusive Experience events in 2023. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Additional Event Terms and Conditions
You are invited to attend one (1) Experience Event as a group during the period of your active membership (traditionally twelve months).
- Only those covered on your membership may attend.
- One-time-use passes are not redeemable for these events.
- Each year you may choose to attend one (1) event from at least 3 dates (May through September).
- Email address required for correspondence and RSVP.
- RSVPs are required. Email reminders will be sent.
- There are no rain dates for these events.
- No refunds, exchanges or transfers.