What ages are your camps for?
This year, our summer camp program is for children 6 – 12 years old and our spring break camp is best suited for children 8 – 10 years old.
Do you have any programs for younger children?
We will be launching a family program this summer that is perfect for families with young children! Keep an eye on our website for more details coming soon!
What are your class sizes?
Due to guidance from the CDC and public health officials, our camps will be limited in size to allow for appropriate social distancing. Each class will be limited to 10 students and summer camps will be limited to 40 children per week.
What are your camp hours?
Zoo camp program hours are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day. Parents may drop off as early as 8:30 a.m. After-care is included and is provided from 4 – 5 p.m. each day.
What should we bring to camp?
The following is a list of items you should bring with you each day. We ask that parents and guardians label everything they send with their camper as it is important that the campers not share belongings or food:
- A Water Bottle
- Comfortable Walking Shoes (please wear sneakers for safety!)
- A Lunch
- Two Snacks (one for the morning and one for the afternoon)
- A Sweater or Sweatshirt as it can get chilly inside our classrooms
Please note: this year each camper will receive a bag that contains all the supplies they will need to participate throughout the camp week. These supplies will not be shared! Campers will leave their bags in the classroom throughout the week and take them home at the end of the camp session
How will you keep my child safe during camp?
Please see our COVID-19 safety procedures document to learn more about how we plan to make your child’s camp safe and fun this summer!
What are your drop-off and pick-up procedures?
This year we are excited to announce that we will be providing curbside drop-off and pick-up for all families. Once you have booked your camp, you will be sent full instructions for daily drop-off and pick-up.
What is your refund policy?
You may cancel your camp up to 2 weeks prior to the start of your program to receive a refund. There are no refunds for camps that are within 2 weeks of the start date. Please note that refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
What if I have questions after my booking?
As a service to parents and guardians, this year we will be setting up courtesy calls with each of our camp families to verify your camper’s registration information and answer any questions you might have about our new policies before the start of camp.
All campers and MetaZoo Education Staff will follow current COVID Safety Protocols while participating in the camp program. We appreciate your compliance with the following COVID Safety Rules so that we can have a safe and happy summer at the Zoo!
- Campers and Staff will wear appropriate masks, covering their mouths and noses while on zoo grounds. Masks will only be removed while eating or drinking and must be promptly replaced when finished.
- Campers and Staff will be temperature checked before entry to zoo grounds and throughout each day. Daily health screenings will be performed, and any camper or staff found to have a fever of above 100°F or displaying symptoms of illness will be moved to an isolation room and a parent/guardian will be contacted for immediate pickup.
- All Campers and Staff will sanitize their hands (using an alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water) before and after each activity including eating
- Campers will receive an individual backpack that includes print materials, science tools, PPE, supplies, camp shirts and a workbook to use throughout the week. There will be no sharing of materials.
- Parents and guardians label everything they send with their camper as this year especially it is important that the campers not share belongings or food. Lunch boxes and personal water bottles are encouraged to go home each day for thorough sanitation.
- Campers will be divided into 2 COVID safe groups of 20 children that will be subdivided into 2 classes of 10 children each. Each group will have a dedicated team of adult leaders and teachers throughout the week. There will be no intermingling between camp groups.
- Campers and Staff will disinfect all surfaces including tools before and after each use. Interior facilities will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Classrooms will be arranged to provide adequate social distancing for children. No adults other than those assigned to your child’s camp group will have access to classrooms or buildings. MetaZoo Education staff will use outside areas throughout much of the camp day, including snack time and lunchtime.
- In the event a camper becomes sick, campers will be required to stay home until it is safe for them to return. If a positive case of COVID 19 is identified, our camp families will be immediately informed.