These guidelines are in accordance with the Louisville Zoo Special Event Rules and Regulations. The Louisville Zoo reserves the right to review and approve applications, displays, exhibits, giveaways and literature for content that is appropriate and/or relevant to the Earth Day theme and in accordance with Zoo policies and procedures. All exhibitors must abide by the Louisville Zoo’s Participation Guidelines.
Setup Date and Hours
Sunday, April 26, 9 – 10 a.m.
Check in will be at setup time listed above. This event is rain or shine. If you would like to arrange earlier set up please contact a member of the events staff.
- All set up must be complete before 10 a.m. on Sunday, April 26.
- Please plan to transport your own materials from the parking lot to your booth. No vehicles will be permitted on Zoo grounds. If you are unable to transport all of your materials to your booth and require assistance, arrangements must be made in advance by calling (502) 238-5619. Due to the number of exhibitors, we are unfortunately not able to accommodate all transportation requests.
- Booth locations are assigned in advance and cannot be relocated the morning of the event.
- Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own extension cords.
- Exhibitors may not attach any materials to any permanent Zoo buildings, trees, fences, lights, etc. Exceptions may be made for organizational banners, hung using twine.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase at Zoo concession stands throughout the day. You are welcome to bring your own cooler and beverages. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Signs and banners at your booth or table should reflect the spirit of Earth Day.
- Exhibitors should strive to be as trash free as possible and are responsible for disposing of/or removing their own trash. The Zoo utilizes a Wet/Dry recycling program, there’s no need to search out special recycling bins!
- In the spirit of Earth Day, we discourage excessive paper giveaways. The Louisville Zoo must approve in advance of the event any item that you plan to distribute during the Earth Day Celebration. Please provide a description of any item you wish to give away with your application.
- No retail sales or collection of donations will be permitted.
- Please note: NO BALLOONS are permitted on Zoo premises.
- Please visit here to see a full list of Zoo Rules.
The Zoo Provides Exhibitors:
- Four total admissions for organization personnel working the booth.
- One 6’ banquet table
- Two chairs
- 8 1/2” x 11” Sign with organization’s name
- Cover during inclement weather
Additional space may be available based on the number of exhibitors.
Site Location Assignment:
While we will try to assign booths based on specific preferences, prime booth locations will be assigned to early applicants and those with interactive displays geared towards families. The Louisville Zoo reserves the right to review and approve applications, displays, exhibits, giveaways, and literature for appropriate content and in accordance with Zoo policies and procedures. Please note that this event is rain or shine.
To apply, please click here.