Join our 2022 Throo the Zoo Costume Contest sponsored by Swags Sport Shoes!
Take a photo after this year’s run and on November 12 – 13, 2022, comment your individual or group photo on the Zoo’s Facebook post or create a public social media post with hashtag #throothezoo. This will enter you into our contest for a chance to win a prize package. Don’t forget to include your runner number(s)! See additional contest rules below.
The winners will be featured on our website and social media, plus receive a prize package.
- Participants must have participated in the 2022 Throo the Zoo 5k Run/Walk.
- Submissions must include your runner number(s) along with your photo.
- Photos may include one costumed individual or costumed group of up to four individuals.
- Photos must be submitted Nov. 12 – 13 on the Louisville Zoo Facebook post calling for entries or by posting publicly with hashtag #ThrooTheZoo and tagging the Zoo.
- Photos will be reposted by the Zoo on Facebook for voting starting Nov. 14. The photos with the most reactions will be chosen the winners.
- Process: Louisville Zoo staff will announce one overall winning submission for adults, one overall winning submission for children/young adults up to 17 years old, and one group winning submission (up to 4 people per group). Winners will be notified on the Zoo’s social media along with the general public on Nov. 17, 2022, where the winners will be announced and photos displayed.
- Prize: The winners will have their photos displayed on our website and social media. The individual adult and individual child winner will receive an award certificate and one (1) $25 gift certificate to Swags Sport Shoes as well as one (1) code for free registration to the 2023 Throo the Zoo run. The group winners will receive an award certificate and up to four (4) $25 gift certificates to Swags Sport Shoes and up to four (4) codes for free registration to the 2023 Throo the Zoo. Number of gift certificates and codes will be based on the number of individuals in your group (maximum four). Codes are eligible for use by the winner(s) only when 2023 Throo the Zoo registration becomes available and are not transferable.
- Contest entrants agree that, if their photo is selected as a winner, the Louisville Zoo may use the entrant’s name and photo for promotional purposes possibly including, but not limited to, social media posts and an official announcement on the Louisville Zoo website.
- All contest entrants agree to have their photo used in promotional purposes including advertising, social media, brochures and signage.
- Contest entrants will not be compensated or reimbursed for their photo submissions.
- The contest is open to participants of Throo the Zoo. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply and all taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Those submitting photos into the contest must be over 18. The subjects of the photos may be of any age.
- All entrants agree to release the sponsors from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons and property, including any accident, loss, injury or death resulting from entry into the sweepstakes and/or occurring or in any way related to the prizes.
2022 Costume Contest Winners:
Group: Andrew Sherroan (Runners 411 & 412)
Group Honorable Mention: Melissa Nolan (Runners 301 & 303)
Child: Lydia Purvis Winters (Runner 1384)
Adult: Ryan Harris (Runner 2028)