Welcome to the Louisville Zoo Human Resources page. If you are interested in volunteering at the Zoo, please visit Volunteer Opportunities.
We are no longer accepting applications for seasonal employment.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a talented, dedicated and fun team, we invite you to bookmark this page for future reference. The Louisville Zoo is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be a minimum age of 16
- Must be flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Some seasonal jobs require you to be 18 years of age and to possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to speak, hear and see clearly for communicating with guests & staff and for safety
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to walk long distances several times a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs. (Some areas may require up to 50 lbs.)
- Rides & Attractions Operators must be 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license
- The Louisville Zoo is a unique environment
- Discount in Gift Shop and food areas with Zoo ID
- Free admittance to Zoo while employed
- Free parking
Full-Time & Part Time Positions
All full-time and part-time vacant positions will be posted weekly on the Louisville Government website at www.louisvilleky.gov/HumanResources
For unpaid internship opportunities, please call the HR office at (502) 238-5391 to inquire. You must be enrolled in an accredited college/university with a major in the area you are interested in for your internship. You must provide a copy of your college transcript verifying your major or a letter from your school confirming enrollment. All unpaid internships will last six weeks.