Welcome to the Louisville Zoo Human Resources page. If you are interested in volunteering at the Zoo, please visit Volunteer Opportunities.
We are now accepting applications for seasonal employment.
- Rides & Attractions Operator (Rides Department)*
- Zoo Service Worker (Guest Services)
** These positions requires a minimum age of 18 years old and a valid Drivers License.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a talented, dedicated and fun team, please apply here.
The Louisville Zoo is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be a minimum age of 16
- Must be flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Some seasonal jobs require you to be 18 years of age and to possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to speak, hear and see clearly for communicating with guests & staff and for safety
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to walk long distances several times a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs. (Some areas may require up to 50 lbs.)
- Rides & Attractions Operators must be 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license
- The Louisville Zoo is a unique environment
- Discount in Gift Shop and food areas with Zoo ID
- Free admittance to Zoo while employed
- Free parking
Full-Time & Part Time Positions
All full-time and part-time vacant positions will be posted weekly on the Louisville Government website at www.louisvilleky.gov/HumanResources
For unpaid internship opportunities, please call the HR office at (502) 238-5391 to inquire. You must be enrolled in an accredited college/university with a major in the area you are interested in for your internship. You must provide a copy of your college transcript verifying your major or a letter from your school confirming enrollment. All unpaid internships will last six weeks.